The modern era of marketing strategies has evolved into more personalized content. People have no interest in being flooded with marketing communications or product specifications. The old school traditional marketing methods do not cater to today’s audience.
The main doctrine of modern marketing strategies includes targeting, analysis, engagement, conversation, and marketing technology. It can increase the conversation rates by 53% and growth rate by over 3.1%.
In simple terms, marketing automation can be described as implementing CRM software that can automate marketing activities. Customer Relationship Management, or CRM software similar to Construction CRM, is one tool that can greatly influence a company’s bottom line. Many important yet repetitive tasks such as sending regular emails, sharing posts on social media, and managing advertising campaigns can be centralized with the help of marketing automation features.
91% of marketing automation users believe that this feature is very important for online marketing and promotional strategies. The following tasks can be performed with the help of marketing automation software:
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software
In terms of business operations, marketing automation is an important component of Customer Relationship Management (CRM). It revolves around defining prospects or target groups through market segmentation and thereafter tracking the customer journey by the implementation of automated marketing campaigns.
It has been observed that marketing automation can drive a 14.5% increase in sales productivity with a 12.2% reduction in marketing overhead costs. There is a small difference between marketing CRM software and marketing automation software i.e, while CRM is primarily focussed on sales, marketing automation software is focussed on marketing.
Implementation of Marketing Automation in CRM
The basic idea of incorporating marketing automation features in CRM is for carrying out sales and prospect management, segregation sales pipeline in the funnel, and client management.
A successful and strategically balanced feature helps in customer management with the help of email marketing, and scheduling and tracking of lead flow, social media marketing, customer engagement, and other useful features.
CRM automation is the procedure of automating the sales, marketing, and customer service features for tracking and managing client engagement.
- The automation of CRM Software has proven to boost 451% in prospecting high efficient leads. Therefore, it helps the sales team to nurture the more prospective leads and curb the tedious lead filtration process.
- Automation in CRM software has helped brands to facilitate triggered mail replacing the routine newsletters. When customers subscribe to a particular brand to get notified about their products and services, it is then the CRM shared personalized content as per the browsing history or based on previous purchases.
- The triggered mail with personalized content has a 70.5% higher open rate and a 152% higher click-through rate as compared to the traditional newsletters. CRM software is designed to suggest add-ons linked with a specific purchase that can boost profits by introducing expensive but useful complementary products.
- According to more than 58% of marketers, the marketing automation of CRM software has boosted upselling features and made online transactions more profitable.
Key Features of Marketing Automation in CRM
CRM automation tools carry out several functions to improve the efficiency of lead segmentation in the sales process. The task of sorting out prospects from a large number of leads is efficiently carried out by the CRM automation features.
- Lead Management: The primary function of automatic CRM is to lead pipeline management for generating sales.
The salesforce can keep a track of their prospects, track their engagement, and effectively carry out workflow management of these prospects. 86% of the total users felt the ease of convenience in lead management through the CRM automation feature.
- Customer Management: CRM can sort out and handle a large amount of client personal details and buying history. It is therefore able to suggest personalized content according to the stored data and helps the salesforce to concentrate on prospects.
- Paperwork Management: More than 74% of users felt that this technology has helped them to save a lot of time and it was beneficial.
Marketing automation features in CRM can manage and store all the paperwork and documentation needed for the sales process, such as presentation template, quotation management, invoicing, and payment.
- Performance Management: This feature in CRM not only helps to manage leads and sales processes, but it also supports the management to track the performance of the sales team and delegate activities among them.
- Reporting and Analytics: The sales process including client management, target achievement, and collection of payment can be effectively used for reporting and marketing analysis.
Starting from salesforce planning, sales forecasting to performance management of sales teams, automatic CRM helps to manage and interpret sales data to a great extent.
Almost 49% of the existing brands in the market are using marketing automation features in CRM and among them, 63% of brands are outperforming their competitors in the market with this implementation. An early adopter of advanced technologies will always stay ahead of the competition.