How do you define a quality caterer or what do you look for in a quality catering service? This is a question you will ask yourself while looking through the list of service providers who promise the best catering in Melbourne or those professing to have experience in arranging dinner party catering in Melbourne.
Quality caterers are hard to find, especially, in a city like Melbourne where every average cook opens a catering business. What they find hard to understand that catering is more than just cooking well; it is, in fact, a profession that demands an all-round understanding of other factors like product marketing, accountancy to keep a record of transactions and customer relations for dealing with prospective clients. However, this does not mean that one cannot open a quality caterer and be counted among the best catering providers in Melbourne.
What do quality caterers do?
Whether it is dinner party catering in Melbourne or attending to a wedding event or taking care of a corporate event or an informal social gathering, the key to open a quality catering business rests on some essential factors. These factors have been listed after an assessment of the traits or characteristics of quality catering service providers in various cities. Those essential includes:
- Delicious, finger-licking food: Focusing on just the décor or style is not enough. By catering, people understand good food and mouthwatering delicacies that they would like to try, which means that nothing short of delicious food will make a great and long-lasting impression on your customers. Know what your customers are looking for, hire experienced people to create the menus, have food reheating facilities and choose great appetizers and desserts as accessories to the main course that you would be serving to the guests at the event.
- Adaptability to clients’ needs: Some customers come with special dietary requirements. There may be many complaining of indigestion problems or have allergies to nuts or milk products. Make sure that you have access to this information before charting your menu. Creativity and flexibility in planning will help win over situations involving the need to meet clients’ demands without compromising on the taste and quality promised.
- Great team management: Catering involves taking care of the décor too. Other aspects include managing a big team of cooks, waiters, cleaners and decorators. This calls for great team management to ensure smooth functioning of the entire crew. To see that the food is served on time and as per the expectations of the client while also complying with the rules laid down as per food safety regulations is also important. To manage this all, the caterer must hire with enough experience to lead the team.
- Timely service: Clients demand timely service, which means that the caterer must have all things planned to avoid delay in serving and then cleaning up after the event is over.
- Customer management: Client satisfaction is the key, which calls for effective customer management. It is important to maintain a certain standard of customer management. Satisfied customers refer your services to their friends and peers, thus, serving as inexpensive marketing sources.
- Compliance with food regulations: Food regulations are strict across the US, which means that you need to pay attention to every detail be it the freshness of vegetables and fruits procured, or the quality of oil used to cook food. It is important not to overlook this detail if you wish to keep running your business.
Budget-friendly: Charging exorbitantly just to lend a rich and glam feeling to your clients does not help. Your clients will want to pay only for what they order and not towards additional factors that you may list in the invoice. Make sure that the food and services you provide do not burn a hole in your clients’ pockets. After all, a happy client rings in more business than expensive advertising techniques.